Tuesday, June 10, 2008

update

The kids are out of school for summer. I can't tell you how much I miss sleeping in. I will continue to take full advantage of it before the baby comes.
Celeste is in tennis for the summer. So far, it's been fun. But I think she needs some glasses. She has them but refuses to be seen in them. I might try to see if she is ready for contacts. Her first practice she hit her own ball right into her eye! I couldn' t help but laugh out loud. She also takes a baysitting class this week, maybe she'll learn how to be less bossy with the boys. She loves to be "in charge". She will be starting Jr. High in July, she's very excited!
Clayton just finished up his baseball season. They had a tournament and just crushed every team. The last game they lost by one point. The boys were so bummed. I can't believe how competitive and stressful it can be at 8! Scares me to think what will happen when he's 15 or so. Funny story... Russ rented Indiana Jones with them, so thought that would be a great time to learn more about the 10 commandments! When I got home from work the next morning Clayton was so excited to be telling me what he had learned. My favorite commandment he remembered was, Thou shall not love thy neighbor's wife!! I couldn't stop laughing.
Jonathon is a busy boy. Finished up his first year of preschool and can't wait to go again. He keeps asking me why I won't take him to school today. He just doesn't get the whole summer break thing. It's still nice enough in the evenings to take the kids to the park and get some of their energy out before bedtime. Soon it will be too hot to do much of anything! We will be going to San Diego at the end of June, and Flag at the beginning of July, so it will give us a much needed time away from this heat!
Russ and I are struggling to think of some names. Boy, are they different. If he had it his way he thinks it is a boy so he wants to name the poor kid after a baseball stadium. I hope we start to narrow it down soon! Although, let's be honest... I'm having this baby so in the end I am pretty sure it will be up to me! Any suggestions for good names would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pictures soon!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Eighty seven days seems like she is almost here, I'm so excited for you,when I look at the picture of her in her box, it really gets real.A new little person is on her way !!!

Bethany and Cameron said...

So obviously my mom thinks you're havin' a girl! I'm so jealous you guys are goin' to San Diego! I'm not sure we're gonna make it there this year. We'll hafta have you guys over to the new house soon!

Unknown said...

Julie you better get Celeste contacts..We went through the same thing with Justine,with glasses you can only straight ahead, with contacts you have your periphial vision. Her prescription changes every year, and it does make a huge difference in her game. But as far as it being hilarious to watch, that never changes. Girls tennis has been the funniest sport I've ever watched! And I'm talking High School-Most of the girls are just fun, not competitive. I'm sad this will be Justine's last year! Tell Celeste to hang in there, Justine hasn't won much because she is short-but the coach is making her team captain because she is kind, and positive with everyone-it is a life long sport...kind of like this life long comment! I'm still thinking of names for your little one-Kimber thinks Elizabeth for a girl, and call her Elle,or Liz she just said-I love the name Max,Kaden,Kale for a boy. Kimber likes Kyle, Mark likes Gunner, Tucker, Kyler..hmm and Justine is on a date so I have no clue! Good Luck, hang in there!!

Unknown said...

This is really Kristin, and I screwed up, I'm correcting myself...when I said "with glasses you can only SEE straight ahead"....also Mark LOVES the name "Frankie" for a girl-this is because he had a pretty assistant when he had his teeth worked on, he can still desribe her-"long red curly hair, blue eyes, yada yada" I think it was the laughing gas-