Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Getting too old for this



Celeste had to watch a show tonight about crystal meth called, "Crystal Darkness". WOW!! It really opened my eyes to the problems our kids are facing. It's so scary to know that you can't chain your children to you. Once they leave to school, or a friends house, you have to trust them and hope that the morals and values that you have tried to drill in their head stays with them. Just that one hit, could get them hooked and change their life forever. You hope that your child is the strong one, the one who will not give in to peer pressure, the one who will abide by the rules you have set forth for them. The show discussed to parents that it's not about what race you are, where you live, how much money you have or don't have, or if your kids go to church with you every Sunday. It's out there, it's easy to obtain and gets you hooked immediately.

Truth is though... with four kids one of them is bound to mess up. Maybe I should have 20 kids then I have a good chance of one of my children surviving in this scary world. J/K. Anyway, I am realizing how old my kids are getting, and what they will soon be facing. Most of the people on the show who got hooked were 14!!! Celeste is 12. Eye opening!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Celeste looks beautiful!! Scary out there in the world, I feel your feelings,you wish you could be right by their side forever.

Clinton said...

Hey girl!

Just one more? What's the deal are you trying to keep up with the Hansens or what? The kids are all beautiful! I can't believe that Celeste is 12! I'll post again one of these days....

J-Rod said...

Uh... This is a problem. Celeste looks hot!

This will be fun to watch for the next 5 years. Wonder when I get to meet the-Chandler-version-of-her-boyfriend-Ceasar.